Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dudes Doing Dude Stuff

An exclusive internet hangout for the discerning modern gentleman.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegister

{NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikesir
CRESS
mikesir

{NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming) Empty
PostSubject: {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming)   {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming) EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 pm

i constantly find myself revising code and altering specifications to meet the end goal but question my methods at times. this was a great thread because it not only reaffirmed my way of coding but also gave me some new introspection into refactoring work in general. enjoy!

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/121825/role-of-refactoring-in-good-programming-pratices
Back to top Go down
doodlydong
DUDE
doodlydong

PostSubject: Re: {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming)   {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming) EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Dude! I'm glad you're here. I'm working on my OOP design fundamentals, and refactoring is something that I understand and do, but don't have a developed or consistent methodology for.

Will you talk about yours? What tools do you use? How do you go about designing your code so that refactoring is easy and doesn't fuck things up?

Back to top Go down
mikesir
CRESS
mikesir

PostSubject: Re: {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming)   {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming) EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:12 am

honestly i havent warmed up to using tons of tools for this kind of thing. when i first started to program a few years ago i hated the idea of using engines, frameworks, tools etc (i understand how absurd that is now lol! )

as far as keeping your code ready for that sort of thing or following methodology i would definitely say read about the AGILE programming methods and way of thinking. i personally learned a lot from that. in general i would say that it is important to keep your code as generic as possible. dont ever let yourself get roped up in one specific implementation.

make sure that you do everything in stages that build from the last step you completed. like, you identify a specific problem area or goal and attack it. then you prepare for the next logical piece that would lay above step one and start to build in that area. after this you go back from step one and refactor all your code together with step 2 to make it more robust. then prepare for step 3 rinse repeat. it really solves a lot of problems down the road because you are always ready for any possible changes and are skilled at filling in the small gaps that come up along the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming)   {NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming) Empty

Back to top Go down

{NRE} Refactoring your work(i.e. programming)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff :: THE LOUNGE-
Jump to: