Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dudes Doing Dude Stuff

An exclusive internet hangout for the discerning modern gentleman.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegister

{ILL} A few new comics ive read.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikesir
CRESS
mikesir

{ILL} A few new comics ive read. Empty
PostSubject: {ILL} A few new comics ive read.   {ILL} A few new comics ive read. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:08 pm

ive been reading a few newer series and i wanted to share my thoughts. firstly, i am definitely of the 90s generation of comic readers at heart and i genuinely have a gripe with the constant reboots and revamps and retelling of origins.

all of that being said ive picked up a few things that ive enjoyed over the last few months.

{ILL} A few new comics ive read. Uncanny-XForce-1-cover

Uncanny X Force was something i grabbed off of my friends HD along with Xmen vs Avengers.
If you are unaware, X Force is essentially a spinoff team of the traditional X-men which often includes its members. The main objective and also the main difference which sets X-Force apart from their parent team is the aggressive nature of its members as well as the ruthlessness of their missions. Unlike the X-Men, X -Force would generally have zero problem killing villains to complete their goals and oftentimes this is their prime directive in a given mission.

What this series represents is the "Uncanny" edition of the team which as you probably know is something marvel loves to do(as do many other companies). Usually this denotes a change in a roster as well as a change in visual style and writing content. The current incarnation of Uncanny X-Force includes members: Psylocke, Wolverine, Angel/Archangel, Deadpool and Fantomex the latter of whom i am unfamiliar with prior to reading the bulk of this series. The art is very well crafted, holding a clean, digitized look but at the same time manages to capture the gritty nature of the team. Gore applied when necessary.

Without giving too much away the series loosely begins with an Apocalypse story. Though Ive stated my distaste for rehashing, which is strong, i feel like they genuinely found an interesting angle to write about such a used villain from and it served as a great introduction to the team. The ending of that run is tits. The story follows with lots of awesome misadventures including giant/mini sentient supercomputers, betrayal, inter dimensional travel, great character development, love triangles and I love you Deadpool I love you ! All the good things shitty superhero comics need. Id give it an 8 on my nonexistent rating system, which also has no orientation or max rating.

Last edited by mikesir on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikesir
CRESS
mikesir

PostSubject: Re: {ILL} A few new comics ive read.   {ILL} A few new comics ive read. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:08 pm

ima add some more later study
Back to top Go down
StrawCity
CHILL DUDE
StrawCity

PostSubject: Re: {ILL} A few new comics ive read.   {ILL} A few new comics ive read. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm part of the 90's generation in the sense that Psylocke gives me uncanny boners.

I've been a big fan of Invincible, but it's sort of getting stale. The first like 9 trade paper backs were like crack. I read the first 5 in one sitting. (My boss has a huge collection that he gives me free reign on) It was very much a guilty pleasure.

Have you read any Irredeemable? http://www.bluemoonstudios.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/irredeemable.jpg
Mark Waid, same guy who wrote Kingdom Come. This one is about an all powerful Superman-type that loses it and starts killing everyone and the whole world and other super heros have to figure out to stop him. It's great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.strawcitydesign.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {ILL} A few new comics ive read.   {ILL} A few new comics ive read. Empty

Back to top Go down

{ILL} A few new comics ive read.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff :: THE LOUNGE-
Jump to: