Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Dudes Doing Dude Stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dudes Doing Dude Stuff

An exclusive internet hangout for the discerning modern gentleman.

HomePortalLatest imagesLog inRegister

Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charmeleon_
DUDE
charmeleon_

Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery Empty
PostSubject: Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery   Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:35 am

Anyone else miss the design from back in the day for all things magnetic tape? Tape decks, reel to reels, VU meters and little mini LED-lit parametric eq sliders? All things brushed metal and wood-paneled, mmmmmm....

Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery I0gOh
Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery MPQMS
Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery XVm7m
Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery 78JuB
Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery ZAeiq

Don't make'em like they used to...
Back to top Go down
itsjustcavan
CHANCELLOR/D∆NK ALUMNI
CHANCELLOR/D∆NK ALUMNI
itsjustcavan

PostSubject: Re: Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery   Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:41 pm

there definitely is a dynamic to that design era that i love. it goes against all my love for minimalism too, which is weird. i guess at either end of the spectrum i'm into it. i'm just unabashedly into buttons and knobs and buttons and knobs everywhere. i love that sort of physical interface, where its completely overwhelming. controls in all directions! this is where my love of cockpits comes from also. fighter jet/ spacecraft/whatever.
Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery 175d706ff507c2241efaa2c63d30acf9
Back to top Go down
itsjustcavan
CHANCELLOR/D∆NK ALUMNI
CHANCELLOR/D∆NK ALUMNI
itsjustcavan

PostSubject: Re: Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery   Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 pm

i would love to make an internet cockpit in my room, where keyboard shortcuts could be ported to external switches. a switch for new tab, a switch for close tab, a throttle lever for monitor brightness. you get it. the opposite of efficient in every way, but would be loads of fun.

Related: if you're into magnetic tape era computing, check out http://www.masswerk.at/google60/

its a google search modelled after an old IBM360
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery   Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic Decks and Reels: magnetic tape dispensery gallery
Page 1 of 1